Starting a Small Piggery
Piggery is a pocket friendly business you needn’t a warchest or be a millionaire before venturing into this noble enterprise. You can start small and within 6 months start smiling……here are some tips on how to start small….
- You don’t need to spend millions on infrastructure you can rent an existing farm at a very cheap rate.
- Ensure the facility has clean water and a waste management system(pit).
- Equip yourself with some basic knowledge about animal nutrition, diseases and treatments.
- You must have funds to employ at least a worker and carryout infrastructure maintenance when due.
- Understand the sensitivities of your worker and be ready to make the task easier by improving working conditions.
- For flexibility and cost management; you can employ someone that works from 8am-12pm. The person will clean the pen and give them sufficient feed and water for the day during this period. This is a win-win situation as the worker has the rest of the day to seek other sources of income.
- Pigs can be fed a wide variety of food and by-products. Examples are cassava peels, vegetables, corn chaff, food waste from eateries, fruits etc. Anything a human can eat a pig can eat, however you must feed them a balanced and hygienic ration daily
- You will definitely need a scale weigh for weighting the pigs. Grown Pigs are sold based on their weights(per kg).
- You must be ready and capable of administering medication on your pigs at anytime. You can’t always wait for the arrival of the Vet!
- Integrate yourself with a network of fellow pig farmers inorder to benefit from their experience, easy marketing and access to current information.
- Your infrastructure will never waste as you can always convert your pens to a flat for rental incase you’re tired of piggery
Get more Vital Tips when you
Order the e-book: Effective Piggery Management in Nigeria or
attend a 3-day Training program at our Facility.
Cost of the e-book is 10,000 Naira only.
Bank Name: GTBank
Account Name: TEKXTREME SOLUTIONS
Account Number: 0017129681
After Payment send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or SMS to 08034209301 stating:
- Your Name
- email address