Piggery Management Tips
This is going to be a list I will always update:
- The best time of the day to monitor your pigs is in the morning before cleaning and feeding. This is vital for two reason; you get to see the state of their stool(in case of diarrhoea) and which animal is disinterested in its meals. A healthy pig is always interested in the first meal of the day.
- A sick pig is hardly interested in its food, lies down most of the time, rarely grunts, staggers, looks pale and depressed.
- Scratching a pigs back calms it down.
- Avoid inbreeding.
- A little Garlic in their food works wonders.
- You must be ready and capable of administering medication on your pigs at anytime. You can’t always wait for the arrival of the Vet!
- Understand the sensitivities of your worker and be ready to make the task easier by improving working conditions.
- For flexibility and cost management; you can employ someone that works from 8am-12pm. The person will clean the pen and give them sufficient feed and water for the day during this period. This is a win-win situation as the worker has the rest of the day to seek other sources of income.
- Farming is a SERIOUS business; any delay is a DANGER
Get more Vital Tips when you
Order the e-book: Effective Piggery Management in Nigeria
or attend a 3-day Training program at our Facility.
Cost of the e-book is 10,000 Naira only.
Bank Name: GTBank
Account Name: TEKXTREME SOLUTIONS
Account Number: 0017129681
After Payment send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or SMS to 08034209301 stating:
- Your Name
- email address